Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Silver Gelatins

Over this semester I struggled a little bit on what I should have been shooting for class. One of the biggest issues when it comes to photographers is the fact that it all has been done before. With the universality of photography its hard to take a photograph of something no one has gotten before and that is why I'm going to school; I'm trying to find what it is that makes me me as a photographer. 

I noticed through my work in the past and what I've been doing recently that I tend to focus on lines, edges and the shapes of things, not just the entire object itself. I like to see these objects in my lens for more than what they are on the outside. That sounds so lame, but I try my best to see an object for what it isn't. In some of my better photos there are highlighted aspects of a bigger picture which become the most interesting part of the image.

These are just a few of my more successful silver gelatin prints that I've scanned in as digital images. 








8 comments:

  1. That's not lame-I love it! That fourth photo in particular wows me-the column and the shadow of the column and the shadow of the arch underneath the arch it's one big Shadow Inception and it's amazing to me. I say keep doing what you're doing! Maybe we can both really find out what we want to be as photographers this summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nowadays, it can be hard for parents to spend time with their children especially if they work full time jobs ad have more than one child. There are times when it can be hard to spend time and connect with your children, and that is where these tips can come in handy to help you.
    Rinoplasti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im impressed, I accept to say. Absolute occasionally I appear beyond a website that's both advisory and entertaining, and afresh let me acquaint you, you acknowledgment the attach on the head. Your website is important, the affair is something that not abundant bodies allege intelligently. Im in fact blessed that I came beyond this in my seek for something on this issue.
    Gebelik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post in Awesome Blog!
    This is a really nice blog post and the post is inspired me to start Blogging like you after visiting and reading you post.
    estetik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are an experienced blogger,please dont do this
      travesti

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    I have go through your post and found some information which very important for me.And You
    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete
  6. some useful information are given by you in your blog..thank you.
    Ottoman beds

    ReplyDelete
  7. What nice site ! Nice give info. for cars . This site many branded car i visited and impressed it. All of u say visit this site.

    MiamiChrysler

    ReplyDelete